Spring is here and hopefully you have set time aside to do some Spring cleaning around your house. If you’re like us, when cleaning our home, we generally find items stored in and around the house that we or our kids no longer use. Many of these items are still in great condition and can be donated or sold. The timing could not be any better as the City of Litchfield Park is encouraging a city-wide “Community Garage Sale” on Saturday, April 20, 2013, from 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Litchfield Park residents that live in the City limits who wish to participate in the Community Garage Sale are encouraged to set up a garage sale at their own home. This is a great opportunity to sell some of those items that you no longer use. I like to try to encourage my kids to participate in this event as it is a great way for them to learn about commerce and can put a few extra dollars in their pockets.
Community Garage Sale Guidelines
· Time: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
· You do not need a City-issued garage sale permit for the day.
· All other sign requirements apply (see below).
· No rain date will be scheduled.
· If you would like to have your address listed on the Litchfield Park website so people will know you are having a sale, feel free to contact the Community Services Department at 623-935-9040. (This is optional).
· Maximum sign size is 2 ft. x 2 ft.
· Signs are to be affixed to a stake and placed in the ground.
· Signs may be posted one day in advance, Friday, April 19 and must be removed at dusk on Saturday, April 20, 2013.
· Signs cannot be:
- Attached to a utility pole
- Attached to a pre-existing sign or light pole
- Attached to a City tree
- Placed in such a way as to obstruct the view of pedestrians or street traffic.